Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11/23 Free Writing

I really enjoyed watching the movie Julie and Julia because it helped me understand why people use blogs as much as they do and how much of an impact it can have one someones life. I think that it was really cool that Julie did her blog for a whole year on how her goals for getting all of the recipes done on time was going. On a different note, the link on the home blogspot page about people getting fired from their jobs because of things that they have posted on their blogs, I thought was interesting. I didn't know that so many people out there really do get in trouble with work because what is posted on their blog. I'm guessing it works the same way with other social websites like facebook or anything else. My opinion on people getting fired for have pictures on their blog or talking about their personal life is that if it doesn' t seem like it's going to bother someone, then why does it matter. For example from the link, the girl named Ellen that was a flight attendent for Delta who got fired from her job because she and some other co-workers had posted some pictures on the blog in their uniforms. It didn't say how the photos were inapproiate so in my point of view i'm guessing that the pictures really weren't that bad. I guess it's just another way that people need to be careful what they post on the internet!

1 comment: