Thursday, November 18, 2010

11/18 Social Media Free Writing

I found a lot of things interesting in this social media video. The biggest shocker to me was the statistic 1 in every 8 couples meets through a social network. It also never occurred to me how fast things like ipod applications, social networks like facebook and twitter and websites like wikipedia and hulu developed. I think that it would be weird for me to live in a world without facebook, wikipedia and search engines like google. Especially since google is practically a life saver when I'm struggling with homework. Another fact that I found extremely shocking is that if you were paid $1 for every time an article gets posted on wikipedia, you would make about $156 an hour. That's crazy to think about. I think that social networks are becoming so popular because it's an easy way to connect with people that you rarely get to see. Or in my case, I'm so busy with school and my job that if I can hop on facebook for even 15 minutes I can catch up with friends. The statistic that I found interesting is the one that compared the amount watched on Hulu to the amount recorded and then watched on TVO of DVR. I thought that the amount of people that would record and then watch later would have been a lot higher. But apparently Hulu is a lot more popular then I thought it was. I also found it intriguing that the statistic that people listen more to peers then to advertisements. This has a lot to do with social networking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment